Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Perseverance

Who's next?!


Huge props to Kevin for cracking skulls this weekend and earning his first big win in 2009.

Kevin, Mike and Holly are slowly turning the screws on their competition. This season has been fraught with the complexities of growing a race team, sorting out sophisticated race bikes, and piecing together a race weekend without any hiccups, mess up, or mechanicals. These three have been unfazed and continue to focus on the prize. Watch out.

More success came this weekend with Holly's pair of third places, and Mike working out another 2nd place in the 30+ Masters.

Heard on the street:
"Big money available at Wisconsin races."
"The Carpentersville 4Bs race was faster than the 4As!?"

I bagged my race on Sunday morning before I even got our of bed. I'm suffering from something my preschooler brought home, and because I'll be in Louisville next weekend I had to make sure I had everything sorted within my construction zone I call a home. Honestly, not racing to deal with family stuff was one of the most adult decisions I've made in a while.

I'm pumped about racing at a UCI/USGP venue. I missed the Madison round due to an important family event and don't think I'll be at Nats or Jingle Rock so this is my best chance all season to hit up a big event. Anyone know any other Chicago area 4s that are racing?

Press!


COURAGE (Aaron in navy) got a solid write up in Ready Made magazine. It's always cool to get coverage outside the bike industry. Our cross bike was also featured in the ever classy Road Bike Action. Unfortunately, I can't find it on any newsstand in Chicago so I'll just have to take Aaron's word for it.

Watch for a big debrief post Louisville and be sure to wish Hemme luck as he enters the lion's den to race with the UCI Elite Men.

Run!

Original pic: xmatic

No comments: